Have you just bought a new home, or are you in the process of renovating your current home? Maybe you’re thinking about repainting your walls to freshen up the look. There are many different themes and styles of painting that you can choose from; although, it’s best if you go with something that suits the style of your house. For example, you could have a modern theme or traditional theme – some people even mix these two together! If you’re running out of ideas on what colors to use for painting your interior walls, here are some suggestions:
Stunning themes for your interior decor:
- The Modern Look (spaces with minimal decorations): If you are looking for a clean, modern look, then this is the theme you should go with. This will be best if your walls are white or light colors as it won’t show too many dirt stains and fingerprints. The modern look comes from a design movement that occurred around the 20th century. It includes modern style natural materials, neutral or earthy shades, modern style furnishing, and the elimination of too much detailing.
- The Modern Vintage Look: If you are looking for an eclectic mix between traditional interior design ideas and modern themes, then this might just fit what you’re going for! The vintage feel brings out memories from when things were simpler – so it’ll work well in any room or space. You can choose this theme for your bedroom or living room as it fits perfectly and will make your house look stunning! You can check Interior House Painting for inspiration and services related to painting.
- The Traditional Look: This theme is best for those who are looking to stay in a classic feel. With this theme, you’ll be able to find furniture and design elements that match the interior decor. This could also work well if you’re going with dark colors as it won’t show dirt or dust stains as easily (just don’t forget to clean!).
- The Pastel Look (light colors with pastels mixed in): You can use this look to create a more feminine atmosphere than what most other themes provide, which will give your house a cozy feeling. The pastel look will give a wide range of shades to choose from, such as mauve, pink, magic mint, periwinkle, baby blue, lavender, and many more.
- The Faux Finish Look (a popular trend): A faux finish gives off an old-style feel to your interior space, which makes it perfect if you want that nostalgia feeling in your living room. This type of painting involves creating texture and nuance by duplicating the look and feel of other surfaces like suede, marble, or striped wallpapers.
- Decorative Paintings: Using paintings to decorate any bare areas on the wall can give a stunning effect that creates depth and dimension while also adding style at the same time! These types of themes go perfectly with any style of interior. You can choose a specific portrait, landscape, abstract design, or any other element to paint your walls and decorate your home.
- The Classic Look (homey feel with warm colors): If you want a more homey feel, then this is the style for you. This look will give off that “lived in” feeling to your house and can be used with any type of interior design too! You can use Greek architecture for this style, such as creating strong columns, statues, architectural moldings, and stripes. These details will surely add a timeless feel to your home and complement the architecture.
- The Country Chic Style (beautiful flowers on walls): If you want a look that will make your house feel like it’s out in the country, then this is the theme for you! This style of painting is perfect if you’re missing nature. Whether you like the neutral shades or outspoken and expressive ones, the clay-based shades from the Country Chic style are perfect for any house. These colors give the best of both worlds, right from hip and modern to shabby chic and distressed.
- Mixing Styles: You don’t have to stick with one theme throughout an entire room. These days, people mix themes, so they get different looks – it’s all about personalizing your space! If you’re unsure what styles would work well together, take some time browsing Pinterest or other social media sites to see what ideas others use when decorating their homes.
Different ideas for interior wall painting:
There are many different themes and styles that you can choose from for painting your interior walls; although, it’s best if you go with something that suits the style of your house. Here are some painting examples that you can choose for decorating your interior wall.
- Painting your home a light color will make it seem bigger and brighter. Light colors such as light yellow or white are good choices to start painting your home. A dark color can make a small room look even smaller and closed in – to avoid this, paint one wall with darker colors.
- If you want your home to have more of an earthy feel to it, consider painting the walls browns and greens; however, if you’re looking for something that will bring out the blue tones within your house’s brick facade, then go with blues!
- For interior wall painters who feel bold, a bright pink would be perfect on any surface of your choosing.
- Adding pops of colors around the house can give it character – a light green can be used to paint the walls.
- Use neutral colors for large walls, but experiment with bolder shades on smaller walls like in bedrooms or bathrooms.
- Applying a darker color to one wall can add contrast and make the whole room feel more open.
- If you want your home to have an indoor garden vibe, then try painting it light green on large walls and experiment with bolder shades like pink on smaller ones such as bedrooms or bathrooms.
- When picking colors for interior paint, always remember not to pick too many different contrasting hues – this will create patterns in the flooring, which is good only when used deliberately. If you are going with lots of different colored surfaces, then consider using neutral colors, so they all blend well together.
We hope now you have a better idea of what color to paint your interior walls. Remember that it is best if the color and theme suit the style of your house – but don’t be afraid to experiment! You can always repaint the wall in different colors or themes. The main thing is not to give up on finding a perfect one for you.