Sometimes, your home needs a bit of a refresh. But, if you’re on a budget, you might not be sure what you can do without breaking the bank. You’ve browsed Pinterest for ideas, but you’re still not sure what you can do. All you’ve come up with is painting the walls, but you want to do a little more. From upgrading your kitchen cabinets to installing new lighting, here’s how you can refrence.
Your living room typically only needs minimal work to make it feel refreshed. Here’s how:
- Rearrange the furniture: Most of the time, you don’t need to really do anything other than rearrange your furniture! This is something that doesn’t cost you anything, except for a few hours on a Saturday morning (or whenever you have the time!). Keep the space flowing well, but rearrange some of the larger pieces to give the room a different feel. And, if you find you really don’t like it a few weeks from now, you can always switch it back!
- Switch out the decor: Your decor can go a long way in making you feel a certain way. Switching out some of the decor, such as throw pillows or coffee table accents, can refresh your space. This is great to do on a budget because you can look at thrift stores and yard sales for your decor! Consider using them as seasonal items so that you can switch things out at different points during the year. Different colors make us feel different ways, so you can easily utilize different colors in different seasons to give off different vibes.
- Do a deep clean: Wiping baseboards, steam cleaning the carpet and wiping down shelves can really liven up a space. Sometimes, you don’t realize how dingy a space has become until after you clean all the dust and debris from things! Wash the windows to make your living room feel brighter and cleaner. A deep clean is sometimes just what you need to refresh a living room. You’ll be amazed at how much better the space feels!
While you might think it’s expensive to refresh a bathroom, you can add light touches to the space to really refresh it. Here’s how:
- Replace the shower curtain: Replace both your shower liner and your shower curtain to refresh the space. Go for a cloth curtain that’s machine washable and speaks to your current design aesthetic. If you’re looking for something bold, choose a bright color and busy pattern. If you want something more muted, choose a neutral with a minimal pattern, such as small polka dots.
- Upgrade your hardware: The hardware in your bathroom can always use a refresh. Switch out the handles on your cabinets, the covering around your lightswitch and the faucet on your sink for an upgraded look in your bathroom. If you’re trying to go vintage, consider brass for your faucet and glass knobs for your door handles!
- Install some shelves: Floating shelves in your bathroom are great to refresh the space. You can store towels, bath salts and anything else you think is relevant to your bathroom area. There are many different shelf styles out there that can really make your space feel refreshed and are easy to install. You’d be amazed at how updated the space will feel!
The kitchen is the heart of the home, but it’s also one of the most expensive places to renovate. However, even if you’re on a budget, you can still upgrade parts of the space. Here’s how!
- Replace the backsplash: Replacing the backsplash can go a long way in making your kitchen feel completely new. While it might be a bit more expensive, it’ll really transform the space. Choose something simple that goes with your current cabinets, countertops and flooring to ensure that it doesn’t make the space feel unfinished.
- Upgrade the lighting: Choose new lighting in your kitchen to refresh it! Hang pendant lights above your island instead of a chandelier, put in recessed lights over your stove or put underlighting along your upper cabinets so that you can have a prep space that’s illuminated even at night.
- Refresh the cabinets: Sometimes, you need to replace the kitchen cabinets. You can find wholesale kitchen cabinets that don’t break the bank but are still high quality, regardless of your budget. If your cabinet doors are unhinged, the bases are warped or cracked or they are original to your home and the lead paint is chipping, then it’s time to replace your cabinets. While they’re a larger cost than most homeowners are prepared for, it’s s
- Change out your barstools: Replacing furniture is one of the best ways to refresh a space without breaking a budget. You don’t have to bring in all new items. Finding furniture at thrift stores, farmers markets, yard sales and even the clearance aisle is a great way to find those diamonds in the rough that will really refresh your space. Many furniture stores actually sell their display furniture at a discounted price when new material comes in. There’s nothing wrong with the item, but because it was unboxed and on display, it can’t be sold for full price. You can find a lot of great pieces this way!
Your bedroom is your sanctuary, but sometimes it needs a little refresh. Here’s how:
- Change out your bedspread: Use a different comforter and sheet set for each season. Warm flannel for winter and light linen or cotton for summer. This will have your bedroom feeling fresh for each season without spending a lot of money. Browse the clearance aisle for great deals on bedding from the previous season!
- Use new throw pillows: Similar to using new decor in your living room, your bed deserves some fresh throw pillows every once in a while. Use different textures, such as pompoms or faux fur, to vary it up and give it some extra spice.
- Hang a mirror: Hang a mirror in your bedroom, or upgrade the one you have. Round mirrors are in style right now and they look great in any space!