Maintaining a healthy temperature in our houses is super important to feel at home. We live in a world, where the weather changes every few months. In summers, we have to cool it down and in winters we have to heat the environment a little to bring it to the ideal temperature.
No doubt, heaters and air conditioners are effective in heating and cooling the environment. However, a few other changes can also contribute to heating and cooling the house a little. Here are a few tips that would help you in heating and cooling the house.
Helpful heating tips
There are many small changes that you can bring to warm up the house environment. However, the following are proven to be the most economical and effective ones;
- There are many ways to heat up and maintain the temperature of a house. One of them is by installing the door sweep. In winters the cold air comes from the gap between the door and the floor. Installing door sweep would prevent that from happening, making it easier to keep the house warmer.
- If you allow the sunlight to enter the house, the house would not require much to warm up the environment. Roll curtains back when the sun is up, let the sunlight enter the house and do it’s magic.Hire heating and cooling company austin texas.
- Move the furniture away from the radiator as otherwise it will have a hard time circulating the hot air in the entire house.
- Say yes to the fireplace plug, it will seal the warm air in the house. However, to do so you have to invest in a right fireplace plug.
Helpful cooling tips
When it comes to cooling the temperature of the house, you have got hundreds of options. The few effective hacks are given below;
- When the temperature starts going up, set the fans to run counter-clockwise. It will push the air down straight, helping in maintaining the cool.
- Avoid operating the appliances like oven, dishwasher, cloth washer, and dryers when the sun is up. Turn them up in absolute necessity otherwise leave the job to the night. It will greatly keep the house cool.
- Shut the rooms that are not frequently used. Otherwise, the air conditioner would fail to cool the area you spend the most time into perfection.
- Install insulating window film, this forgiving invention has proven to help in keeping the environment cool. What’s more convincing is that the insulating film does not even block the view to keep the house cool.
In brief, to warm up the environment, install a door sweep, roll curtains back when the sun is out, move furniture away from the radiator, and get a good quality fireplace plug.
Whereas to cool down the environment, you have to set the fans to run counterclockwise and avoid using the oven, dish-washers, cloth washers, and dryers during peak hours. Shut the not-so-frequently used rooms when the air conditioner is on, and install the insulating window film to maintain a favorable temperature.