It’s amazing how difficult moving a garage door can be. If you think about the weight of these large and heavy doors, then imagine trying to move them with nothing holding down their momentum. Cables attached at either end make it easier for us but there are still risks involved in unwinding or breaking off any part needed garage door cable repair Los Angeles.
The cables that hang from the bottom corners and stretch up to provide additional weight and stability for your door are meant to be broken. However, they are designed to break or snap cleanly if a person or heavy object tries going underneath the area where the metal cables attach.
Reasons of Garage Door Cable’s Damage
As you work on your garage door, you may find that the cables are frayed or completely gone. This can be due to a few factors.
- The accidental pull of the cable while making repairs or working with tools around it.
- The garage door opener slipping off its track and jerking the metal cable to release it.
- A person or object may have tried to go under the door when it was in motion, causing it to snap backward and break off its cable.
Why may your garage door have snapped off the metal cable?
- Adjusting or working around the garage door cables can put stress on them and break them over time.
- Having a heavy object try to use your garage doors as an entryway, when they should be used for exiting, can snap or fray a wire.
- Frequent garage door opener slipping down its track can have the same effect on your cables as someone trying to use it as an entryway.
What to Prefer: Garage Door Cable Repair Los Angeles or Replacement?
There are several things you want to keep in mind when choosing whether to replace your broken cable or try and fix yours. First, find out if your garage door is a screw-drive or an extension spring one. Then access the damage of your current cables.
- When you have a broken cable, then replacing it is the best option.
- If there are no signs of wear and tear on the cables themselves, but they simply broke from having too much weight put on them, you may be able to fix your cables and reuse them.
- Check if the cables are frayed and look like they were almost about to snap, then replacement might be a good option for you.
In case of broken cable from garage door’s outside corner
If the garage has been left open accidentally or due to a power failure, the garage door may have come down on a corner of the garage and snapped off its cable. In this case, you will be able to see a bend in the housing where the wire broke from being under too much pressure. If this is your situation, then either cutting a new wire or removing some slack from the new wire can help you replace the cable.
In case of broken cable from the bottom
When you’re dealing with a garage door that broke its cable from the bottom, then chances are that something heavy and dangerous has been put underneath it or someone was trying to use your garage as an entryway when you weren’t home. In this case, you want to ensure that there are no people or objects underneath the damaged cable areas before replacing them.
Replacing your cable
You can replace a cable without having to install a new garage door opener. However, you should make sure that your garage door is balanced and working as efficiently as possible before trying to take out any cables for replacement. If your door is not well-balanced, then it may fall on you while trying to manually switch out the cables.
- You will need a new cable that matches either the weight or the measurements of the one that broke off.
- Measure each cable, considering any wear and tear it has gone through over time.
- Once you have the measurements, look for a replacement cable with the same weight and size to ensure easy installation and smooth functionality afterward.
Why You Need Professional Garage Door Cable Repair Los Angeles Service?
If you are not confident about replacing your cable, then it is best to make use of a professional garage door cable repair service. You can prevent accidents by hiring a professional garage door cable repair service to do the work for you.
By giving it to professionals, you don’t have to worry about possible injury or accident that may happen as a result of trying to fix your cables. You don’t have to worry about whether or not the job will be done properly if you give it to experts who know more about safely and efficiently completing the task.
Garage door cable repair service is usually an inexpensive alternative to buying a new garage door. You can get peace of mind knowing that the cables will be fixed correctly even if they are severely damaged.
Plan for Cable Replacement
There are several things you want to keep in mind when replacing your cables. First, make sure to remove all power from the garage door before starting any work on it with tools. This will help prevent accidents from happening.
Always make sure to use the right tools when you are working on your garage door cables, whether it be replacing them or just checking through them to see how they’re holding up. Using the wrong measuring tools can lead to incorrect measurements and poor installation in turn.
Replacing a cable can be difficult, but it does not have to be if you let the garage door cable repair los angeles professionals handle the job. If you need help with this process, then consider hiring professional technicians that can come in and do it for you. You will also want to check with your homeowner’s insurance company to see if they cover garage door cable repair service. If they do, then you can just get your cables repaired and not have to worry about paying anything out of pocket.
Garage door cable Replacement is one way that you can ensure that your garage door opener itself stays safe. By having garage door cable repair los angeles professionals handle the job for you, you don’t have to worry about whether or not the cables will be installed correctly or if they will break again in a short time. Never compromise when things are out of your hands. Saving yourself is better than saving money!