Laundry often feels like a real, never-ending hassle. The laundry basket gets filled with piles of dirty clothes within days. Like life and pretty much everything, laundry is not easy. There is no escape, you can delay it to tomorrow but eventually have to deal with the laundry pile.
Once you have learned the basics, level up your laundry skills by implementing some pro tips. Washing clothes is just not enough, doing it efficiently and in less time is the real deal. Whether you are a novice or a pro, a few simple hacks will help you make an efficient laundry routine.
3 Laundry Tips For Washing Your Clothes
Fabric care labels or universal washing symbols will help you understand which cycle to use, the drying method, and recommended heat setting on an iron.
Before we move on to the pro hacks, one basic tip is to do laundry in smaller loads for efficient cleaning.
Once you have read fabric care labels, the next step is to sort laundry on the basis of fabric and color shade.Hire dry cleaning services san diego ca.
- Color Shade – You probably know this basic rule to wash light and dark colored clothes separately. As deep colors tend to leak dye, wash fabric with light colors in one load separately.
- Fabric Weight – It would be foolish to wash heavier and lighter items together, for instance, t-shirts and towels.
- Fabric Type – Before washing, sort, delicate, fine, durable, knits, and lingerie to wash separately with the appropriate setting.
- Amount of Dirt – Make a ‘bad’ pile of all the stained or dirty laundry items. Wash this pile separately on a longer, heavy-duty cycle to remove dirt, odor, and stains.
Remove Stubborn Stains
Before putting stained clothes in the washer, pre-treat stains to get rid of them easily. There can be different types of stains and each one is treated differently.
- Sweat Stains & Odor – Prepare a soaking solution with white vinegar and two cups of warm water and let it soak for 30 minutes. Use Baking Soda or Scent Boosters or eliminate odor.
- Oil Stains – Remove unsightly oil stains using a magic little formula called baby powder. Rub it directly to the targeted area for oil stain removal.
- Grease Stains – Use dish soap or detergent to loosen up grease stains.
Correct Detergent Dosage
Many people struggle to determine the correct detergent dosage and end up either putting too much or too little in the washer.
The right amount generally depends on factors like load size, hardness of water, type of detergent, and how dirty the clothes are.
The correct dosing is often printed on the detergent label, it is best to follow the instructions, and place the accurate amount into the drum. Using the right and quality detergent is important for efficient cleaning.
Once you master laundry basics, it will become a whole lot easier for you to do laundry efficiently. Follow a consistent laundry routine by setting a standard laundry day every week. Hopefully, the aforementioned tips will help you deal with dirty clothes efficiently.