Mold is a pesky thing. It can grow anywhere and seems to thrive in your home’s dark, damp places. While you may know some things that can cause mold to grow, there are probably some things you didn’t realize could aggravate it. In this blog post, we will discuss a few things that can cause mold to grow and spread faster!
Moisture, Moisture, and some more moisture: This is probably the number one cause of mold. Mold loves Moisture and will quickly grow and spread in humid or wet environments. If you have a leaky pipe, are constantly running your AC, or live in an area with high humidity, you are more susceptible to mold growth.
Poor Ventilation: Another cause of mold is poor ventilation. When rooms are not properly ventilated, they can become damp and humid, which creates the perfect environment for mold to grow. Make sure to open windows and use fans to keep air moving throughout your home.
Dirty Surfaces: Mold also loves dirty surfaces. If you have dirt or grime build-up on surfaces in your home, it provides food for mold spores to grow. Be sure to clean your surfaces regularly with a non-toxic cleaner.
Organic Materials: Mold also loves organic materials. Things like paper, wood, and fabric are all perfect food sources for mold spores. If you have any of these materials in your home, keep them clean and dry to prevent mold growth.
Leaving food too long on a fridge: If you leave food out on a fridge or counter for too long, it can start to spoil and mold. Be sure to put food away promptly and clean up any spills immediately.
Not Washing Clothes: Another cause of mold is not washing clothes. If you leave dirty clothes in a hamper or pile them in your room, they can become a breeding ground for mold spores. Be sure to wash your clothes regularly and store them in a dry place.
Leaving wet towels around: Leaving wet towels around is another way that you can create the perfect environment for mold to grow. Be sure to hang wet towels and clothes so they can dry properly.
Not cleaning the bathroom: The bathroom is another common place for mold to grow. This is because it is often damp and humid, and there are many organic materials present. Be sure to clean your bathroom regularly with a non-toxic cleaner to prevent mold growth.
Ignoring mold: Mold can cause serious health problems, so it is important to remove it as soon as possible.
There are many things that can cause mold to grow and spread faster. The best thing to do after finding mold in your home is to call up a mold remediation company and get things sorted. But, if you are just worried about mold, there are more than a few preventive measures that you can take to take care of it.
Using a dehumidifier: A dehumidifier can help to reduce the Moisture in the air and make your home less hospitable for mold.
Keeping things clean and dry: As mentioned before, mold loves organic materials and dirt. Be sure to keep your surfaces clean and dry to prevent mold growth.
Ventilating properly: Proper ventilation is key to preventing mold growth. Make sure to open windows and use fans to keep air moving throughout your home.
Using an air purifier: An air purifier can help to remove mold spores from the air and prevent them from settling on surfaces in your home.
Cleanliness: Cleanliness is always important, but it is especially important when trying to prevent mold growth. Be sure to clean your surfaces regularly and keep your home free of dirt and grime.
When it comes to mold, Moisture is the number one enemy. There are a few things that can cause increased Moisture in your home, which leads to mold, including leaky pipes, condensation, and high humidity. Be sure to fix leaky pipes and keep your home well-ventilated to prevent mold growth. If you do find mold in your home, be sure to take action immediately. Mold can cause serious health problems, so it is important to remove it as soon as possible. One of the best warning signs of mold allergy is sneezing, but it is not the only sign, so be on the lookout for other symptoms like watery, itchy eyes, coughing, wheezing, difficulty breathing, and rashes. If you experience any of these symptoms, see a doctor immediately. It’s always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to mold.