Small bedrooms can be a challenge to keep tidy and organized. This is especially true if you live in an older house where the rooms were built with walls that are too short to accommodate larger furniture. It doesn’t matter if you’re renting or owning your home, space is still at a premium and one of the first things to go when renovating or moving into a new home is the bedroom. However, there are ways to make your small room feel bigger and more spacious without spending money on building work or moving furniture around (which isn’t always possible anyway).
Bed with Storage
The first thing to do is ensure you have a bed with storage. You might be lucky enough to have a wardrobe and chest of drawers, or you can buy or build an extra piece of furniture that has some storage space.
Some ideas include:
- Wooden bed with storage drawers underneath (you can also get these made for your existing bed)
- Storage boxes, cubes, and shelves
- Storage baskets
Declutter Your Wardrobe
Get rid of clothes you don’t wear. If you’ve had an item of clothing for over a year and haven’t worn it yet, consider giving it away or donating it to charity. Organize your wardrobe by type of clothing. If you have an organized wardrobe, it will be much easier to find what you need when getting dressed. You can organize your clothes by color and season, or by type (socks, t-shirts) if this makes more sense for the space that’s available in your bedroom closet.
Use hangers that are the right size for each piece of clothing so that everything fits on them nicely without getting tangled up with each other as well as freeing up more space in the closet overall. Also, remember not only do these things save time but also money because buying bigger hangers means buying less often which saves money both ways. Use a wardrobe divider if necessary so that items like shoes don’t take up too much room in one area while leaving plenty free elsewhere, this way no one gets upset about sharing space because they have enough room themselves.
Use a Divan Base and Storage Drawers
When you’re choosing a divan base and storage drawers, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- The size of the divan base. The most common sizes are single, double, and king-sized. Look for one that fits snugly in your room without taking up too much space or leaving too little room for furniture around it.
- How many drawers do you want, if you want more than two drawers per bedside cabinet, then make sure there’s enough space left over in your bedroom so that they won’t crowd out other pieces of furniture.
Another thing to consider is whether the bedroom itself has enough space for additional storage. If not, consider adding a wall-mounted wardrobe unit instead of buying another piece of furniture, this will save both money and floor space since wall-mounted wardrobes need less floor space than their free-standing counterparts do.
Mirrors are another great way to make a small room look bigger.
- Reflect light: Mirrors can be used to reflect light, which creates the illusion of more space, helping you get away with a smaller chandelier or lamp in your bedroom.
- Reflect the view outside: If your bedroom has a window, use a mirror to reflect the view from it. This way, you don’t have to sacrifice having an eye-catching view when choosing where to place your furniture and decor items.
- Reflect the view from other rooms: If there is no window in your bedroom and you think that it still looks too small, use mirrors on one or both sides of the door to make it look as if there were more space on both sides of the doorframe than actually exists in reality (and also act as an extra security measure).
Get Rid of Clutter
You’ll need to eliminate clutter to create more space in your small bedroom. Clutter is anything that isn’t necessary and doesn’t have a home. You can get rid of all kinds of clutter by using storage containers, bags, bins, and units in different sizes.
Some people find it helpful to use all these storage solutions at once:
- A large storage bin for small items like socks and underwear (or even shoes if you have limited closet space). Using clear plastic bins so you can see what’s inside without having to open them up first.
- A medium-sized bag or box filled with seasonal clothing items such as sweaters or jackets during the winter months when they don’t need daily use outside the house; will free up space inside closets where these items would normally hang year-round instead. Just remember not to forget about those seasonal clothes until the next season rolls around again.
- Smaller bags for everyday essentials like wallets/purses keys phones etc.
Use the Space Below Windows to Create Storage Space
There is a lot of space under a window, but most people don’t think to use it. You can create extra storage space by using the space below windows to store your things. You can place a shoe rack, coat rack, or hanging rail here. These simple solutions will give you much-needed storage for small spaces as well as add some style to your room.
Basic House Cleaning Tips for Busy People
If you’re looking to get more space in your small bedroom, the first thing to do is take care of your home. You’ll have less to clean by keeping your house tidy. When it comes to cleaning, there are some basic steps that can help you make sure everything stays as neat and organized as possible:
- Use natural cleaning products instead of chemicals and detergents that can be toxic for humans and animals alike.
- Use a damp cloth on surfaces rather than chemicals or water alone, especially if the surface is made out of wood or another fragile material that might be damaged by moisture. This will help prevent damage from occurring in addition to getting rid of dust particles quickly without having them stick around longer than needed.
- Clean up after yourself – wipe off counters when preparing food, clean up spills immediately (this also prevents stains from forming), etc. The fewer messes there are lying around at any given time means less work later on down the line when trying not only to keep clean but also maintain good hygiene too.
As you can see, there are lots of ways to get more space in your small bedroom. The most important thing you can do is declutter and give everything a home. Hope that this article has inspired some ideas for making the most out of your space.