While decorating a room, runner rugs may be an interesting choice. It can give your room a classy and beautiful look. But for that, you have to choose the right runner rug for your room. If you can select the ideal runner rug for your room, it will be a long-lasting investment.
So how can you choose the runner rug which will be perfect according to your room?
How To Choose Runner Rugs
Before selecting any rug, you have to keep the following points in mind.
- First of all, you need to decide in which room you are using the runner rug. The style, color, size, everything will be different for different rooms.
- You can use a runner rug in your hallway or stairs. In that case, your rug has to be slightly narrow but stylish.
- Considering the floor of your room, you have to think exactly in which part you want to place your runner rug. For example, if you want a rug for your living room, you can place it under the sitting arrangement like a sofa set. Or you can use a rug in front of the fireplace.
- Runner rugs can easily define a specific space in the room. So the size of the rug needs to be correct. There is no need to cover the whole room with the rug. If you want to set the runner rugs in the seating area, the size should be such that it goes under the front foot of the sofa set. If it goes to the back foot stage of the sofa, it’s a waste. But it can’t be that you sit on the sofa and see the edge of it.
- There is no mandatory rule that you have to use only a single rug in a room. If your room is large & somehow open like a loft, you can use more than one rug.
- If your room is not so large, but you want to use multiple rugs, you can also layer up rugs. For that, you can use a large rug which will almost cover your whole room. Then you can use colorful small rugs to divide different sections of the room. The larger rug’s color should work as a base color.
- In the case of the rug’s color, you need to be selective. You have to select a secondary color for your rug that will complement the main color of your furniture. You have also considered the wall color of your room.
- You need to decide whether your rug will be the main focus of your room or not. If you want your rugs to draw attention at first glance, you can use a colorful pattern rug. A plain soft colored rug will give a subtle look.
- If your furniture is patterned, then a plain rug will be better. If your furniture is plain, then it is better to use a patterned rug.
- Do not forget to buy a rug pad with your runner rug. If your floor is made of wood, it will also limit the sound of the floor.
Above all, you need to use your imagination skills to select the right carpet. You have to spend the whole time with this rug, so it has to be your choice.