If you are looking for the best place in Mumbai to buy property, property taxes should be one of your important considerations. Property tax in Mumbai is a yearly tax payable by property owners in order to pay for the services and facilities provided by the government.
Property tax is an important source of income for the government. This is also a major source of revenue generation for Municipal Corporations. You should note that the amount of property tax varies greatly depending on the area where you live, with some localities charging more than others.
So it is essential to be well-informed about property taxes in Mumbai before you buy a flat in Mumbai or another type of property. Being fully aware of the amount of tax you will be paying in a given financial year can help you with further planning and decisions.
How to Calculate Mumbai Property Tax Online
You can now easily calculate your property tax in Mumbai online on the MCGM citizen portal website.
Follow the steps below to quickly calculate the tax you should pay for a property in Mumbai:
- Visit the MCGM citizen portal website
- Click on the option “tax calculator”
- Enter the following details of your property:
- Total carpet space
- Year of construction
- Occupancy sort
- After entering the property details, click on the option “Calculate”
- Now, the amount of property tax you have to pay will be displayed on your screen
How to Pay Mumbai Property Tax Online
You can pay Mumbai property tax online through two portals, BMC or MCGM.
Paying Mumbai Property Tax Online Through MCGM Portal
- Log in to the official MCGM website
- Click on the “property tax” tab
- Enter the property account number and the captcha followed, and you will be directed to a page where yearly tax dues are displayed.
- Check all the details and enter the amount you are supposed to pay as taxes.
- You can use any payment gateway, including NEFT, net banking, debit or credit cards, and so on, to pay the tax.
- After completing the payment, you can download the property tax receipt
Paying Mumbai Property Tax Online Through BMC Portal
- Log in to the official BMC portal
- Scroll down to the option “for citizen’s services” and click on the “pay property tax” tab
- You will be directed to the MCGM portal
How to Receive Mumbai Property Tax Bill Alerts Via Email
You can also now receive Mumbai property tax bills via your email. Follow the steps below if you want to receive your property tax alerts via email:
- Visit the MCGM official website
- Enter your property account number and the following captcha to log-in
- Upload the required documents and attested copies
- Enter your email address and contact number to receive property tax alerts via email
- You will receive a confirmation email after your application is approved
Before you begin to look for the best place in Mumbai to buy property, it is essential to know about property taxes in the city. Calculating property tax before buying your property in the best place in Mumbai can help you with further decision-making. You can easily calculate your yearly property tax online on the MCGM portal website.
In addition, you can also easily pay the property tax online for flats in Mumbai or any other property through either MCGM or BMC portals. Now, you also have the option to get the tax bill sent to your email address and receive SMS alerts to remind you when the payment is due. This way, paying your Mumbai Property taxes is made easier and hassle-free.