Summer, as it turns out, is the hottest season of the month. There are heat waves that can drive a person crazy. So, what are heatwaves? It’s during the summer months that you can experience such occurrences. There are also months that you could have higher temperatures in some given locations. Let’s face it, cold temperatures are not as kind. There are also natural disasters that could wreak havoc on your life. To help bring some sanity, below are effective ways to fight the summer heatwaves.
1. Invest In A Portable AC
If you are the outgoing type of person, then you need to consider a portable AC unit to help cool you down during the heatwave. The best part is that a portable AC can act as a humidifier and will have features such as a USB charger, portability, air filters that can be replaced easily, and a battery that could last you for more hours. You can take a look at the Blast Portable AC choosing guide to help you make the right decision. The above are some of the qualities you need to be on the lookout for. You also need equipment that will be easy to clean.
2. Stay Hydrated
The other thing you need to be considerate of is your body. It’s critical that you hydrate whenever it’s that time of the month. Ensure that you have cool drinks around the douse that will help your cells buffer up. To prevent yourself from heatwave effects, water will be your best buddy. There are also other concoctions that you could make at home and ensure that those in your household are well-hydrated.
3. Avoid The Outdoors
If you are to venture out, then you need to consider wearing protective clothes. If not, then sunscreen will come in handy. Ensure to wear more sunscreen as it will wear off when exposed to hot environments. The effectiveness of sunscreen will be determined by its quality. Consider sunscreen products that are of superior quality, composed of the right ingredients, and with ultraviolet protection qualities.
4. Check The Weather
There’s a good reason why weather updates exist. Check if your location has a heatwave. Weather forecasts could help prevent you from lurking outside. Being exposed to the heatwave could land you some risks that could jeopardize your health. Keep keen on your weather updates if you are to be healthy!
5. Pick The Right Outfits When Going Out
You need to wear a hat, and the right clothing to protect you from the harsh UV rays. Consider long-sleeved tees, tightly woven clothes, or clothes specifically made to protect you from the elements. Sunglasses will also be on the list if you are to protect your eyes.
6. Choose The Right Vacation Locations
If you are to travel, then consider areas that are a bit cooler. There’s a good reason why geography is in the syllabus. Visit areas where the sun is not as hot to prevent you from burning up and spending more on skincare products. Below are places of the world where you could visit and not experience a heatwave. They include:
- The Klinck Station in Greenland
- The Snag territory in Canada
- Eastern Antarctic plateau
7. The Right Foods Could Help
Summer could be explained as the best time of the year. But it’s also a time when most people will overindulge. Some foods could help you deal with the heatwave. Nothing is as refreshing as a cold fruit juice when it is almost burning outside. Home-made iced fruit products could help with the warmth. Your body copes differently when it’s hot and you need specific vitamins and nutrients to help you out. Below is a list of foods that could help tone it down during a heatwave. They include:
- Cucumber – A cup of sliced cucumber will provide your body with fiber and it’s also a great drink during a heatwave. cucumbers are comprised of 95% water meaning that they’ll help to keep you hydrated
- Mint – To keep cool, mint leave juice could help cool you down. The menthol in the leaves will leave you yearning for more but most importantly, it the effect it will leave you with when facing a heatwave. you could add ice to any mint beverage cocktails or beverages you make
- Melons – iI you are training during the hot weather, then a cold melon could help with the temperatures. this is among the fruits that will replace lost sugars and a great snack during a summer heatwave
- Apples – An apple a day will keep the doctor at bay. This is a saying that couldn’t be any truer even during a heatwave. this is a great fruit to include in your summer diet and help to keep the sweat away
- A frozen glass of yogurt – Doesn’t this sound like the type of drink you might need when seating? You could add some strawberry or chocolate flavors to make it tastier
8. Chill Out!
When going through a heatwave, do not attempt to be active. This means that it’s the best time to relax, watch a movie, take a swim, and just zen out. Being active at this time means that you’ll lose more energy, sweat more, and lose most of your healthy fats. To help you out, relax and chill out.
9. Play Indoor Games
If you have an efficient AC unit, then stay indoors and play some indoor games. This will prevent you from sunburns and you’ll have fun playing your favorite games. There are board games that could interest you, hide and seek with your kids, or take up some cleaning chores. Pranking is also on the list of things you can do in a cool house.
The above are but some of the ways you can get through a heatwave. Be considerate of your family as they’ll need you all through. This is a time when emotions are up to the ceiling meaning that you need to keep your cool.