Where Do You Start on Your Home Theatre Installation

Brisbane is one of Australia’s best cities to explore with its architectural wonders, natural attractions, and vibrant street art scene. Even when you walk the same route every day, you may find something new with murals and graffitis simply popping out overnight. However, with the global pandemic, people are not keen on going out, and the theatres and movie houses are closed and there is not much to do. 

As the stats showed, there was a massive increase in the number of subscriptions for streaming providers, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+. According to Roy Morgan, nearly 16 million Australians are not subscribed to at least one service. For example, from March to May 2020, an additional one million devices are hooked to one service.  

It could only mean that people are staying at home watching movies on different platforms. But the coronavirus is also an opportunity for you to set up a home theatre installation in Brisbane. Why settle for a 6-inch screen when you can enjoy the movie on a large display?

What Does a Home Theatre Include?

Some people think that high-fidelity speakers are enough to claim that they have a home theatre at home. 

However,  if you have to be technical about it, the basic setup would include some cable wires, external speakers, and an amplifier. The amplifier and receiver enable you to hook multiple media sources to the device. Among the examples of these sources are your Blu-ray player, laptop, setup box, and even the gaming console. Regardless of whether you are simply watching movies or playing games, the audio on the Blu-Ray or the Xbox would be rerouted to the external speakers through the amplifier. Even without turning on your TV, you can still play the speakers because of the amplifier.

Which Speaker Should You Buy?

When buying audio, you have two choices–stereo or surround. 

A good home theatre system should have surround speakers, which simply means that you have three or more external audio sources in the room. However, for the budget-conscious, that might not be possible right away. But there is no rule against slowly making your way up.

Your choice will determine the type of amplifier you will buy. For instance, an amplifier that is specifically designed for stereo speakers would be cheaper. But it cannot unleash the full potential of your surround speakers if you have one.  Nevertheless, if you are mainly using your audio for music, then a stereo setup would be more than adequate for your needs.

The better choice, probably, is to buy a surround sound amplifier since it greatly increases your flexibility. You can hook the stereo speakers now if you do not have the budget to buy surround audio. Then later, when you upgrade, you do not have to buy a new amplifier. 

Setting up Your Budget

There used to be a time when the TV would be the single most expensive purchase in your home theatre installation in Brisbane. However, the statement no longer holds water as TV prices have been dropping down in recent years. Meanwhile, high-fidelity audios are still quite expensive.

The general rule was that you should split your budget for the TV and the audio 50/50. But you may need to change that to 25% for the TV, and the other 75% would be for the audio equipment.

Khuwalid Khalid
Contact at Khuwalid.khalid@gmail.com

How to Budget for Your Kitchen Remodel

 Have you been thinking about a new design for your kitchen? A lot of our family time gets spent there, which is...

What Should I Pay Attention To During A Home Inspection?

Before entering your dream house, you’ll need to get that home inspected as there could be plenty of underlying problems which need...

Tips on Choosing the Right Outdoor Fabric

Whenever the weather is nice outside, you should take advantage of and hangout with friends or family outside. You have the option...

Urban kitchen with granite tops, exposed bulb lights and island

Man request adapted spirits set pressed. Up to denoting subjects sensible feelings it indulged directly. We dwelling elegance do shutters appetite yourself diverted. Son...

Install Modern Kitchen Cabinets for Enhanced Functionality and Longevity

Modern kitchens are more than just the space designated for preparing meals and storing food. Rather, they play a crucial role in...

Reviews are essential for checking out the best orbital sander

Orbital sanders are handheld power tools for sanding. An orbital sander can be used for various applications from painting jobs to restoring headlight transparency. Best...