Are you looking to buy a new HVAC system? Are you thinking about replacing your old HVAC system? Well, whatever it is, you should be prepared for a huge expense. After getting a quote from an HVAC dealer near you, the next step would be looking for a better deal.
You might require financing to get a new HVAC or replace an old one. You might also be forced to get into your savings. You can’t go without heating, ventilation or cooling so you need to do it. However, you need to find ways to cushion the impact on your finances. Here are a few tips to help you save a lot of money on a new HVAC system or replacement costs.
How To Find Deals And Rebates On HVAC Systems
- Start by checking if your local or state utility company offers incentives or rebates for replacement of old HVAC systems. You can stack offer so if both local and state utility companies have promotions on industrial equipment, take both chances. It will offset a huge chunk of money for your new HVAC system.
- Check different types of rebates such as Lennox, Carrier and Trane rebates. You should check the rebate offers available from the leading HVAC manufacturers before asking for estimates from HVAC dealers. Note that, most of the offers are available for the most expensive HVAC models. You might get a better deal by buying a mid-level unit that’s not available on rebate.
- Each HVAC company offers their products with different prices. You should get a few quotes before choosing the right one for you. 3 quotes are enough but you can find a few extra ones. There is a huge disadvantage here because in most cases you have to wait weeks or days to get scheduled for a quote from each company. However, if your HVAC system hasn’t failed already and you don’t need a replacement desperately, you can start asking for quotes at least 2 months prior before you need to replace your current system.
- If you are a member of warehouse clubs such as Costco, you can check with them. They might have better deals or offer a store rebate card if you purchase a new HVAC system through their partner.
- Don’t forget to check Angie’s List for deals on HVAC. If you are not a member of Angie’s List, you can get the best contractors on the site and read reviews from different customers.
- Finally, you should have the new HVAC system installed in spring or fall when contractors are not busy. You can also ask for an off-season discount.
Tips For Buying HVAC Systems
Now that you know how to find good deals on HVAC systems, you need to know how to buy the best ones.
- Check Better Business Bureau before hiring a contractor. The cheapest quote might not be a good deal if there are a lot of unsatisfied customers.
- Check on Angie’s List or Yelp and read the reviews from previous customers. It’s the best guarantee that you have chosen a good contractor and can stay away from companies with poor reviews.
- If you don’t know whether or not to replace your HVAC, find out when Energy Star recommends you to replace it. You can save enough money effortlessly.
With these tips, you should have the best HVAC system on the most affordable terms possible.