Moving in bad weather can cause a lot of trouble and trouble. Snow and rain are rarely checked against people’s schedules, and it is not always possible to reschedule a planned move to another day. To ensure that expensive appliances and furniture won’t suffer from cold and wind, it is necessary to take a responsible approach to solving a number of issues.
What should I do if I need to move urgently?
- There are situations when you need to move urgently and there is no time to choose a comfortable weather, do not worry – there is a way out. We live in a civilized world, and therefore such situations are easily solved, the most important thing is to know who to turn to for help.
- So, if you have an urgent move planned, we recommend contacting a moving company. Check moving company reviews and ask for a moving Quote. Professional movers will deliver you all the necessary packaging material, which during transportation will reliably protect your furniture, appliances and personal belongings from external damage, including from getting wet.
- Professional moving helpers will quickly take out and load the property into the car, as well as carefully unload and bring it to a new location. You will be surprised how comfortable and in a short time the move will be made, despite not quite suitable weather conditions.
- Responsible and experienced professionals know that things placed on snow or slush (even for a few minutes) can significantly suffer from dampness and dirt. Inconsistent and delayed loading of products into the car is one of the clear signs that the move is carried out by non-professionals.
Plan your move
First of all, you should keep visiting Weatherscientific and take care of reliable protection of things from the weather. As packaging materials for household appliances and furniture, the water-resistant tape is optimal. At the same time, it is important that the specialists of the moving company pack the client’s property as tightly as possible, so that not a single drop leaks to expensive products. The ideal vehicle for moving in bad weather conditions is a van with a protective awning. In such a car, all things will arrive in place intact, dry and without the slightest damage.
Do not refuse to disassemble the furniture
Experienced movers, as a rule, recommend to disassemble all large pieces of furniture. This is due to the fact that properly dismantled and well-packaged products are less exposed to external influences, including rain, snow and hail. In addition, disassembled pieces of furniture fit more easily in the van and take up less space than entire cabinets and dressers. It takes a minimum of time for movers to remove individual parts from the old apartment and bring them to the new one. With unassembled cabinets, everything is much more complicated: while workers move the product from the entrance to the car, it can suffer from heavy precipitation.
Some important tips on the topic:
- It is well known that people are weather-dependent and therefore their health and mood directly depend on changes in the weather. To make you feel as comfortable as possible and feel good at the time of the move, try to choose a favorable day in advance.
- As for the transportation itself, it is definitely necessary to select a day for which no significant precipitation is planned according to the weather forecast. Comfortable weather conditions always contribute to a good result, but rain or snow can delay the moving process in time and eventually you will have to pay more for renting a car and movers.
- Look at the weather forecast in advance and if the forecasters predict inclement changes in the form of a hurricane, Blizzard, rain or hail on the day you plan, then it is better to move the property to a new location on a different date.
We hope that our advice will help you organize your move correctly and that if you find all the furniture items in good condition after unloading, you will be able to confirm with pleasure that, indeed, nature does not have bad weather.