Are you dreaming of a new house? Or, do you want to renovate a part of your house? Well, the moments are always exciting. But sometimes, the over-excitement puts someone into knee-deep water. And yes, those are not the hoax! Take the example of a man, George. He used to be a passionate photographer with a handful of experience in industrial photography. He was confident enough to modulate into his kitchen a new look but his first-hand endeavor ended with a flood-like situation there inside. And, the data shows, many times people have just messed up things in the middle of remodeling a part of their homes or establishing new fixtures. No wonder that you may be the next addition to the list, but the truth is, most people do fail in managing the plumbing works perfectly.
Here comes the guideline, “inspect your plumbing system” at first. Under inspection, a large number of things come in general. The list goes big but is kept short here for easy understanding:
- Check out all water supply shut off valves. Check out interior water supply lines, fixtures, faucets.
- See the proper drainage system from all your sinks, tubs, and showers.
- Inspect the toilet operation by flushing.
- Be ensured that there are no clogs and leakages inside pipelines.
- Examine the deficiency in water flow where two fixtures are operated simultaneously.
Hold your breath! This is just a little bit trailer of the entire movie. If you are going to build a new house then the inspection part will be somehow different. There shall be a lot of planning and measurements for error free establishments. Just have a look.
- Plan according to your present and future needs
You may have limited requirements at present in your home but, the design part should incorporate the future needs, also. That will reduce the further costs down the line.
- Make a wise design
The plumbing system in a house is the most complex network of water supply pipes, vent pipes, fixtures, and more. A properly designed system delivers water efficiently in various fixtures, faucets, and other water needing appliances. It also carries away wastewater without clogs.
- Decide on the different installation needed for individual places
Different places like the kitchen, the bathroom must have different types of plumbing strategies. The proper placement of sinks, dishwasher make your kitchen easier to use. Check your plumbing requirements accordingly.
- Focus on other small issues
There are many other things which should be taken care of. The type of water heater you will use, the source of fuel supply, the drain-waste-vent (DWV) system, etc. will have all different types of plumbing installation.
Sounds terrific!! Here comes the need for a specialized plumbing inspector. The inspector inspects your plumbing thoroughly and shows you something that you may have not been able to discover by yourself. His role is to –
- do routine inspections, using visual observation and mechanical testing equipment, and identifies the functional barriers in an existing installation.
- review proposed construction plans and documents to determine compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and codes.
- check items like pipe size, connectors, trap seals, cleanouts, and the use of approved materials, devices, fixtures, and equipment.
- assist you in doing desired alterations.
So, you have done it almost. Plan your project, make a to-do list, purchase necessary items, and install by yourself or take the help of a specialized plumber.